• Announcements

    • Brentonator

      Forum Rules (Please Read)

      Hello everyone and welcome to the No More Room In Hell Forums! We greatly appreciate your interest and support. Please feel free to begin post and become a part of this community. But please make sure that you read and understand the following rules so things can stay as clean and as orderly as possible around here. These rules are expected to be follow by any and all members at all times. Disobeying these rules will result in disciplinary action by a moderator. #1. Off color remarks are acceptable but can be deemed inappropriate at the discretion of the moderators. #2. Flaming and disrespecting other members of this community or this mod is strictly prohibited. #3. Please do not post links relating to warez or illegal downloading. #4. No offensive content is to be posted (gore, dead babies, porn). #5. Please do not spam topics to increase your post count. #6. No excessively large signatures. Signatures that violate this will be modified. #7. Signatures are not to be used as a spamming tool. If your signature's sole purpose is to annoy or distract other members, it will be removed. #8. Please do your part to be as friendly, respectful, and helpful to anyone and everyone on this forum. #9. Your posts may be removed at any time at our sole discretion. #10. Remember the terms of your registration...a copy is posted below but may not represent the latest version of our terms of use. #11. No advertising other communities or products. Have fun.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riley

Pen & Paper RPGs

41 posts in this topic

...right

Well I have to go now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...right

Well I have to go now.

If you played any RPG (stuff like Dragon Age/Baldur's Gate) it's pretty much the same; instead of a computer crunching the numbers though, it's one person doing all the math and calculations (the Game Master)

The players themselves get to do whatever they want (you normally just have a single sheet of your stats and abilities/equipment), if they want to follow the main plot or deviate from it. The GM reacts accordingly to their actions.

If you have a fantastic GM and party, it can be more rewarding and entertaining than a Video Game. However if you have an asshole in your group (my DnD 4e group had an idiot who would just not play seriously, and he eventually decided he wanted to rape and eat someone) it can give off a really bad experience

----

Really it's up to each individual GM, if you have a really good one there shouldn't be issues (not much book checking, more actual gameplay, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...right

Well I have to go now.

Nerd making fun of nerds for being nerds.

Nerds_(candy).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merf was playing a Blackguard and cut a dead dude's arm off that was frozen in the snow from a caravan that was attacked by big ass eagles and tried to get a inn keeper to cook the arm. the inn keeper refused and he jumped over the counter and beat the inn keeper senseless...we will probably never go back to that town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm sort of like, wondering how Celerity works in terms of combat for extra actions; we basically finished a chronicle where the Brujah player managed to subdue some vampire (it was someone that the Tremere wanted alive) by blasting his kneecaps into pieces. In a place that's pretty much Elysium in all but name.

He had the highest initiative, so when it was his time to go, he told me he was going to activate Celerity 5 times to give him 5 extra actions, so first he declared that he was using his first action to aim at the Vampire's knee caps, and then he used his next 5 actions to shoot at those kneecaps. He missed once but he managed to deal so much damage on the Vampire that even with his failed Soak roll, he was going down immediately (these were point blank shots)

The vampire in question was trying to save his old Magi friend from an assassination attempt, and not only did the player stopped him, he also caused the Magi to die. Now, the player characters managed to escape the nightclub with dead Magi and incapped vampire in hand, but thanks to the Brujah player, they not only broke a few Camarilla laws (both in the Traditions and in the City), but they also pretty much broke the 'masquerade' by using their powers in a fully crowded area (dancers noticing that the 6'4" tall guy in a poncho quickly unloading his dual shotguns in less than a second, welp)

He's also planning on diablerizing the vampire too

I don't know what to do now; the Brujah player is clearly min-maxing his character for combat only by pumping all of his XP into Celerity and combat, and he's pretty much a walking tank that threatens to unravel the masquerade every time he goes somewhere. And to be frank, it's also ruining the sessions we have because when he's around, it's 99% certain that he's going to open fire on someone without them even speaking (in last night's session he prematurely ended the chronicle with such a brash move lol)

I had ideas of his character getting kidnapped by the Prince's cronies over in the day time. And that he'll be pretty much be executed by the Prince for such careless actions. But I know if I do that, the actual player (he's a cool guy) will bitch about it

Edit: the V20 book says he can get up to Celerity 5, but other than that he can't go into 6 and above (since it's Elder shit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if your friend isn't an elder he should have no business with celerity 5 early game. secondly, breaking the laws of the masquerade as well as elysium generally results in a justicar getting called in to murder the offender. your friend should probably die or end up owing some ridiculous favor to the prince or even the justicar. your friend needs to be put in check basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell him tough titties and let the Prince roll up on him. He broke the laws - and they're called laws because there's enforcement. You might start with some messages filtering to the character that he has to throw himself at the mercy of the Prince, and failing that, there's obviously a blood hunt and a price on his head. Some times otherwise cool people don't understand that roleplaying involves trying to empathize not only with one's own character, but with other characters, and that means putting your head in the game. If they can't make smart decisions in their character's shoes, then that's their own fault and they suffer the consequences. Breaking Elysium and diablerie are two good ways of getting on everyone's shit list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell him tough titties and let the Prince roll up on him. He broke the laws - and they're called laws because there's enforcement. You might start with some messages filtering to the character that he has to throw himself at the mercy of the Prince, and failing that, there's obviously a blood hunt and a price on his head. Some times otherwise cool people don't understand that roleplaying involves trying to empathize not only with one's own character, but with other characters, and that means putting your head in the game. If they can't make smart decisions in their character's shoes, then that's their own fault and they suffer the consequences. Breaking Elysium and diablerie are two good ways of getting on everyone's shit list.

Well long story short the Brujah player was about to get executed for major infractions on the Traditions but all of the characters called their boons, and they all got out alive

However they're now banished from their original city, and now they're in a new one (Milwaukee) to help the prince there with some major issue; they're having a better understanding now on how to deal with the politics in the game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure unloading a shotgun in 1 second would just sound like one giant blast and it could be argued that no one realized it because it was inbetween strobe light flashes and everyone at the club was high on something (don't know if it was that kind of club or not). The police should definitely get involved but I wouldn't consider it a Masquerade violation. Also, based off my knowledge of VtM (which is admittedly minimal at best), I'm pretty sure reckless and stupid just about sums up the Brujah. He should be rewarded for his exceptional roleplaying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep a collection of WOD Vampire books - but can never find a group to play with. : ( I think the wife may have finally junked my dice too.

Woes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep a collection of WOD Vampire books - but can never find a group to play with. : ( I think the wife may have finally junked my dice too.

Woes me.

Some groups form at Roll20.net , it's a pretty nice site!

Speaking of books I need to get my own collection on solid actual paper. I bought most of it in PDF form but having my power going out for one hour made me realize that if the world's going to end, I'm unable to get my RPG fix since it's all electronically stored ><

drivethrurpg.com is a nice site but I really don't know the difference between a Standard Color or Premium Color book. I know the Premium one has sharper colorful pictures but, are the actual pages thicker and harder to accidentally tear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I managed to get SickJoe and Xendrid into the madness, and we got into some silly stuff tonight.

Xendrid, myself, and a few other players arrived into the city of Los Angeles (circa 1993) with the intent of saving a member of our coterie; said member the victim of a LaSombra kidnapping attempt back in the merry old city of Chicago. We arrived at LAX, and after gathering our bearings we booked some rooms at this nice upper class hotel. The penthouse was occupied so we had to take the second best set of rooms. All was well until we found out that only myself and Xendrid could afford our rooms, the rest unable since their credit balances were in the negative.

I quickly fixed that, and we were able to safely rest. The next night, we all went down to the lobby, and we decided by majority vote that we wanted to get some weapons. So we do that. We get to the gunstore (it's in some shitty neighborhood) and I decide to let my character wait in the taxi while the others got their goods. Next thing my character knows, the fucking gunstore and a couple other buildings explode, and my character suffers shellshock from the sudden event. She steps out of the taxi (wanting to see if the others were fine) and she sees all of them rushing into a truck, driven by SickJoe's character. She hopped in (Xendrid's character yelled at her) and they fled the premises. They left someone behind though, the doctor of the Coterie.

Soon after that, after some discussion we went back to the bombed out block. It was swarming with cops and firefighters so we decided to head to this known bar to figure out what was up in this brand new city, if it was Camarilla or whatever. SickJoe or Xendrid can continue on since it was a silly session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went in to purchase a hefty gun when some strange guy in a hoodie (played by Sick_Joe) came up to me and asked me to help him with some boxes out back promising discounts on guns here in the store. I asked the clerk if he knew the guy and he said "Oh yeah he is a regular." So I accepted his offer and a friend of mine went out to help the dude deliver some packages to nearby establishments. I put my box down outback of the gunshop a little ways away and as I returned to the truck I had a sneaking suspicion that I had just planted a bomb of some kind. This private chat log with Riley sums it up:

vtm-bombs.jpg

After the bombs went off, the guy (played by Sick_Joe of course) jumped into the damaged gunstore and yelled something along the lines of "Now get your guns!". My character looked around frantically as sirens started going off and fires blazed in the other buildings. "Fuck it." I said and started looting the gunstore. Got me a Desert Eagle. Best discount ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I offered to give the crew a discount in the store because i'm a native to the area and i knew the owner. They were hesitant at first and rightfully so, my dude is a disheveled lookin gent. They come outside and i give the 2 of them a box and tell them i'm making some deliveries but my back is sore and shit and the help would be appreciated greatly. i tell xendrid to put a box at the back door of the gun store, the gun store owner picks up packages for his neighbor. and then the other dude i got him to put his box in front of a store up the street and then i walked across the street to the police station and tied my shoe leaving my box behind. i joined the one guy close by and walked back to the gun store calling xendrid's character over to me in the street noticing that he was beginning to get suspicious of me and my truck. when he gets to me in teh middle of the street i pulled out a detonator and clicked it blowing a hole in the gun store behind the caged area inside and the other 2 buildings caught fire.

tl:dr

i talked 2 players into unknowingly help me plant explosives nearby so we could rob a place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my 2nd favorite VtM scene thus far:: ((GM-Riley, Seren-Sam, Eric-Steven,Garvis-Xendrid,Sid-SickJoe))

The South Side Albanian Massacre of 2011

Sid I need you to make 3 rolls with Wits + Stealth DC7 since you're physically moving some pretty nice stuff in, and you need to gain at least 4 successes with those 3 rolls
Garvis-poo I need you to
Roll Military Forces + Leadership DC7 with 3 rolls, and you need at least 4 successes total
We'll be starting the meeting/briefing bit
These are interesting rolls
So
The following night has passed, and it's 7:45pm
We find ourselves in an abandoned warehouse just near the outskirts of Little Ukraine, and it's dimly lit, with various SUVs and cars parked
Garvis is in the area, and 20 of his top combatants are in the area, along with his personal ghoul
He has word that the Triad will be sending in some men to rendezvous shortly, and the rest of the Coterie will be meeting up as well
Seren, he knows is being delayed for an unknown reason but she'll be there as soon as possible, within the hour
Each of the men here are armed with various Submachine guns and shotguns, and a few assault rifles with kevlar vests
Sid is on da phone with Garvis, detailing wat be going on, take it away
Garvis Hanbar: "What do you got for us, Sid?"
(From Riley (GM)): it appears that the area is on high alert and active, but no one has people around the sewer manholes that would allow one to bypass through most of the area
SickJoe: has sid seen anything unusual since gettin the shit setup on his cameras or anything before i start?
Sid poo roll Perception + Alertness DC7
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis is wearing an all black suit with a Kevlar vest underneath
Sid: "i'm all setup here, got a lotta guys here on high alert but the path i found still looks clear"
Sid as you look at your cameras, you see a nice black SUV parked in front of the Church
It's running, and idle as
You see two people step out of the church
Sid: "hold on...2 people are coming out of the church..."
You see a bald man with a vicious looking scar on his right eye, speaking with a thick accent in english to the other, who's dressed in a nice tailored black outfit (like the ones Garvis takes a passion to)
Sid: sid looks closer at the pair through his sniper scope, with his blue tooth earpiece on he sets the phone down
Bald man looks agitated, and is speaking in quick hushed words as the other guy (who has dark hair and a beard) simply brushes away lint on his suit, and appears to be speaking in a calm, accented voice to the bald man
Sid: "the bearded dude seems to like the same suits as you garvis" he chuckles lightly
(To Riley): can i use telepathy from here to read lint guys mind see whats goin on
Garvis Hanbar: "At least one of them has taste." Garvis quips into the phone
Sid roll dat vs DC5
Strangely enough
As Sid tries to read the mind of the bearded man
He hears...absolutely nothing, as if something is preventing him to read his thoughts
Sid: O.O
He can get the very very faint hint of whispers, perhaps if he concentrates...
But after he concentrates
He can get a good read on the man's mind
It's odd that it took Sid this much concentration to penetrate into the man's mind but
To summarize what he hears in his head, as the Bearded man takes his leave in the nice SUV
Riley (GM): this is going to be a lot of information
lol
SickJoe: so badly want to put a anti material rifle shot in this dudes noodle but that's like 800x suicide
Sid: np
SickJoe: garvis just hears "hold on....." silence, gun shot, hang up
Sid: j/k
He feels the Albanians are making a big deal out of this threat, and that they are useless proxies to use against the other Kindred
He feels that with that in mind, he hope he won't get in too much trouble with his sis for losing so much cash on these robots that their dear Uncle bought for the family
He's mostly worried about his family punishing him for being incompetent actually
And that if there is an attack on the Albanians, he hopes they can push back the pesky kindred after they're softened up by the Spirit servants of his Sister
Sid: "call seren now...we need the chantry.."
XD
gonna be so many dudes
He feels that if his cards play out right, he won't get staked and left out to the sun and disappoint his dear old Uncle
SickJoe: ya gotta flex nuts sometimes though to show people we arent fuckin around in this town
The SUV drives away
Sid: damn
Leaving angry looking bald Albanian heading back into the Church, yelling orders in a foreign language
Sid: "that guy wearin the same suits as you appears to be in charge here...and he's leaving but these guys are guarding something with albanians and more importantly, spirits...according to what i found in the man's mind"
"guy in charge is a vampire, his uncle is funding the show and his sister is controlling the spirits.."
giovannissssssss?
fuckin brother uncle
sister mom
Garvis Hanbar: "I do wonder what his game is...hopefully I get a chance to talk to him."
Sid: can i see the suv's licence plate with my snipey scope or on my cameras?
might help me get some more info
Roll Wits + Alertness DC7
The Englishman: "So what's the plan boss?"
He says, looking at Garvis as he finishes loading up his SMG
(From The Englishman): The Licence Places are from New York
(From The Englishman): I mean Massachusetts
(From The Englishman): lol
(To Riley): hehe
Garvis Hanbar: "When the rest of the party shows up, my group will go in quietly. With the firepower they have, we don't want a huge battle unless we have to. I'll keep an open communication line with you, and when, or if I give the word have our men attack."
(To Riley): he'll hop on his laptop while he talks to garvis and waits lookin up what he can and you can give me the info later so i dont bog shit down for everyone
The Englishman: "Anything we'll be looking for in particular? Other supernaturals we have to worry about?"
The men are listening to Garvis as well, a few of the higher uppers
Garvis Hanbar: "Ghosts." He says flatly. "It's a wild card, I know, but they got them."
Just as Garvis says that
Sid: 4 men with proton packs arrive
Xendrid: lol
Sid: garvis lets out a sigh of relief
He hears a sudden burst of gunfire from his men
So, Garvis, you hear gunfire but oddly enough
It's just one SMG going loud, and lots of yelling
Roll init
Sid: "what the fuck is goin on?"
Garvis Hanbar: "One moment please, Sid."
Is your turn garv
Garvis Hanbar: so what's the low down GM, what silly antics is Garvis witnessing?
Basically
You see one man in your group, suddenly open fire with an SMG at the other men in your group
Garvis Hanbar: Alright, Garvis will charge that man and disarm him
Aight
Roll Dex +brawl dc6
Garvis charges ahead and strikes the gun out of the shooter's hand, backed up by Englishman
The mafioso opening fire at the closest person near him just stares at you as you take away his gun
He's managed to surprise at least 3 people with his shooting, and the remaining mafioso move in to restrain their comrade while the others tend to his injuries
Reroll init
Mafioso man tries to shove you down Garvis
You can roll Dex + Athletics automatically to resist that, DC6
Garvis stands his ground as the Englishman socks the mafioso in the face
Garvis it's your turn
The guy that you disarmed tried to tackle you, and Englishman jabbed him in the face
Strangely enough he was strong enough to resist the attempts of the 4 men holding him back to tackle you
Garvis Hanbar: He's going to bark some orders for everyone to immediately toss their guns in a pile about 10 yards away, pointing at the area
Roll Leadership + Charisma DC6
A good deal of the guns are tossed over to the side, save for maybe 2 other men
The mafioso that tried to tackle you is snarling at you in a vicious manner, eyes filled with hatred
Garvis Hanbar: Hmmm, he'll give him a hard punch to the gut
Dex + brawl DC4
Punch to da gut
Followed by several other punches from Garvis's men in an attempt to take down the threat to their boss
Aight rolll Strength + Potence + 5 dice
Aight
Garvis and his men manage to beat the shit out of the guy that tried to shoot them all in the back
Combat over
The man that attempted the backstab on you is bloodied, and is mostly being held up by the men around him, and is unconscious
The Englishman: "The hell was that..."
Oh and Garvis you're still on the Phone with Sid, he heard all that scuffle lol
Garvis Hanbar: "I don't know. Keep an eye on everyone." He tells English quietly so none of his other men hear. He then raises the phone back to his ear. "Sorry, had a little incident."
Sid: "you alright?"
Garvis Hanbar: "I don't know if I have a traitor among my men, or if he is possessed. Not taking any chances though. We should move quickly. I need to call Seren, where the hell is she?"
Sid: "was he dominated?"
"i dunno man...been too busy settin up here"
Garvis Hanbar: "It's likely. I'll give her a call. We'll be there soon."
Sid: "alright"
Garvis Hanbar: He hangs up and calls Seren.
Seren Pendleton: She picks up the phone
Seren Pendleton: "Yeah?"
Garvis Hanbar: "We have people to meet and then kill, where are you?"
Seren Pendleton: "In the Chantry, stepping out with someone"
"Where's the meeting place and... did something happen?"
Garvis roll Perception + Alertness DC7
Roll again DC8
Alright at first you hear nothing, so keep talkin
Garvis Hanbar: "We had an incident, but things are fine at the moment. Get to my warehouse, and step on it." He gives her the directions
Seren Pendleton: "Wait what? Okay?"
She answers back
Garvis Hanbar: He hangs up
Garvis before you hanged up, you get a faint hearing of someone else speaking on Seren's end
It's a feminine voice, speaking that "I must bring along the skull and these 4 tomes...patience Apprentice, they won't die just yet."
roll 3 dex + drive checks, dc7; you must get at least 4 successes with those 3 rolls combined
Aight so
Minutes later
Garvis and his men are outside, near the outskirts of Little Ukraine
The rest of the way can be reached on foot, if they wish to take a more covert approach
You hear a car in the distance, approaching your rough location
It looks like this
It soon comes to a stop, and you can see these individuals come out of it
Garvis Hanbar: Alright, he'll go to greet the posse
To Garvis, he can see Eric stepping out, and Seren as well, and in the back seat, is another woman, dressed in an older dress
It's very late 1800s, and it's black as she steps out, tsking at the decaying area
Seren Pendleton: She glances at Mr.Garvis and his protection detail
Eric Cross: He'll light a cigarette and look out over the roof of the car
Garvis Hanbar: "Ready?" He looks at the other woman. "Who is the period piece?"
Seren Pendleton: She marches up to Garvis and whispers to him
Eric Cross: As Garvis says 'ready' he walks over to his trunk and opens it, taking out the BAR
"Apprentice, do help me with my materials." She says out loud as Seren begins to walk away to Garvis
Seren Pendleton: "Yes ma'am" stopping dead in her tracks
Eric Cross: He hefts it over his shoulder, and grabs a Thompson with the other hand on his way back.
Seren Pendleton: She does as she is told and brings the materials out
Seren brings out
8 big old looking tomes, and a basket carrying odd bits and bobs, including a human skeleton
Seren Pendleton: She gingerly carries the tomes and baskets of miscellaneous bits
Garvis Hanbar: He crosses his arms. Waiting for them to unload their stuffs
Eric Cross: "All ready." He says it with a slight laugh as he hefts the BAR
Seren Pendleton: She asks the Garvis as she carries the materials out...,
"Whats the situation now?"
Garvis Hanbar: "Just waiting."
Eric Cross: He'll look puzzled for a second, before turning to Seren
"Mind grabbing my megaphone? It's in there" He says, jerking his head in the direction of his car's trunk
Seren Pendleton: She sighs,
"Alright"
SickJoe: ooc i love what you're gonna do with that megaphone~
Sid: if it's what i think it is
Eric Cross: "Thanks. You can just hang it off whatever sticks out in this mess." He laughs
Eric Cross: and it probably is lol
Sid: sid texts garvis "patrols are normal so far"
Alright
The woman in the victorian black dress smiles at Seren as she takes out the materials, she looks around and sees Garvis; "I heard you have a spirit problem. Is there anything I need to know about it in particular?
Garvis Hanbar: He shrugs. "They're being used against us, that's all I know."
She tsks, as she glances at Seren once, before glancing back at Garvis and Eric. "I see...well, if I'm to do anything in regards to this Spiritual Element, I'll have to set up my ritual relatively close by. The spirit will get away otherwise, and cause more unheeded trouble on your group."
Seren Pendleton: She holding the materials still waiting for Erichto's orders for to do with them
She glances at B.A.R. and megaphone wielding Cross
She looks at Erichto for further instruction
"The Apprentice and I will head to a suitable location, while you and your men take care of your troubles."
Seren Pendleton: She nods at her and readies herself to follow along
The woman then begins to walk towards one of the nearby alleyways, Seren dutifully following her with a massive stack of books and basket full of bones and other items
Garvis Hanbar: "Alright then. Your assistance is appreciated."
Riley (GM): she has like, one of those poofy black victorian dresses lol
Eric Cross: she must be in charge of this district
It's now just Eric and Garvis along with his men, and they are locked and loaded
Sid is still in contact with you, through his phone, and he has his own men standing by on the sniper spots
Eric Cross: He'll gesture at one of the sniper spots he picked out earlier. "I'm gonna go set this up" he hefts the BAR ""and see what happens."
and he'll start to walk away, after a nod to Garvis
Sid, from your vantage point, you can see that there are at least 4 technicals driving around with armed men, in a patrol around the church
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis dawns his Kevlar vest and grabs a tactical Mossberg from his stash. "Nice gun. Al Capone would have been proud." He says to Eric as the man leaves
Eric Cross: He chuckles at that remark
(To Garvis Hanbar): (text)"got 4 technicals patrolling the area around the church"
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis checks his phone
The time is 8:05pm
(From Garvis Hanbar): [sext] "I guess it's all me as a ground team..."
There's a text notification, 5 minutes ago, from Pham Hong
Garvis Hanbar: Ooo read dat
It says: "We're in the area, on the eastern end of the outskirts. Give us the call and we'll head in."
(To Garvis Hanbar): "nothin' to worry about with my boys on overwatch, we got cameras on the scene and ya got me on hack detail should you run into shit inside..."
Garvis Hanbar: He'll respond to the text, "We're making our move, hit them hard."
Text sent
(From Garvis Hanbar): "Roger that."
Riley (GM): so Sid/SJ
Sid: yo
Riley (GM): tell me which of the roofs you'll take
same for Eric
Eric Cross: hmm
doesn't really matter
I guess here
Sid: does for me :P
i might be able to see into the church from my spot
Eric Cross: good point lol
Xendrid: pull some Willem Dafoe shit from John Wick
Sid: pretty much
Sid, for your overall intel
You know there are at least 60 Albanians
after the text was sent, a few seconds pass by before
Sid: it's like i know i'm a prime guy to be in there with ya on point for gettin into shit
but with the hacking, recon, overwatch shit i gotta stick here
Garvis Hanbar: is cool
i think this will work
On the eastern end of town
You hear what sounds like a loud 6-wheeler truck rev up
Followed by a crash, and an explosion
It's quite a large fireball, as gunfire erupts soon after
Sid, and Eric when he climbs up the ladder up to the rooftop
You both can see groups of Albanians being surprised by the sudden sound of gunfire and explosions, and they're yelling commands at each other, before some of them run over to join their comrades
Garvis is standing down out of sight with his own group of men, while Seren and her Master are currently in an alleyway
So far, you're undetected and unseen
Wat do
Garvis Hanbar: before i go die, can i regain some WP for controlling people earlier on?
Yes, 2 wp
Garvis Hanbar: thanks, babe
Eric Cross: if anyone tells you to plug your ears tonight
probably do it
just soz ya know
Basically thanks to this commotion, you all get one free surprise move
Garvis Hanbar: "Alright men, hold off until I call for you. I'm going in as far as I can undetected."
Eric Cross: I'm gonna look down towards the albanians and see if I can line up a good shot
Anyone in particular
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis also hooks up a bluetooth earpiece so he can be in contact with people hands free for ultimate murder action
Sid: not giving away my position yet
Eric Cross: uhh anyone stand out?
Eric can see at least 3 Albanians running down the street
Sid: i'll aim at one of the technical gunners with the anti material rifle.
They're armed with assault rifles, and are scurrying towards the eastern side from his position
Eric Cross: anyone else, or do I need to roll something?
One second
There's also two people getting inside a white pickup truck, with 2 others getting in the back
Eric Cross: alright, let's aim at their back tires / just the back of the truck in general
Alright
For Eric and Sid, please roll Dex + Firearms DC7 +1 dice
Roll 15d10 Sid, roll 13d10 Eric
Riley (GM): jesus christ lol
Riley (GM): so this is how we're going to handle this
Garvis and Sid, please roll Wits + Alertness
DC4
So, Sid and Eric open fire first
Eric lets out a sustained burst from his Tommy Gun, peppering the back end of the white pickup truck, completely spraying at the two men in the back
Due to his positon, the bullets strike down a few and cut through the top side of their heads
It's a loud rifle, and the 30.06 go through the chassis like butter
The bodies are, as a result, peppered heavily and Eric has taken them down, and possibly disabled the truck
As for Sid, he lets out a single shot at the technical gunner's head and the head completely blows up like a watermelon, the round rocking the truck as it flys through the bed of the truck
Alright first, due to the way how we have combat set up
We'll be using these mass combat rolls
Alright so
Garvis has a total of 5 actions he can use to control his forces, sid 3, albanians 3, and the triads are in bad trouble hilariously enough
We'll handle that stuff later after the players do their thing so NOW you can roll init
ALright Seren it's your turn
You're in the alleyway, and Erichtho your elder is setting up the skulls and books around in a circle
You hear gunfire
Roll Dex + Occult DC6
Seren sets up the ritual needed in a blindingly fast pace, and Erichtho looks at her with a smile
Erichtho: "Thank you for the help. I have the rest taken care of. Now, do go help your friends with their fight."
Seren Pendleton: She nods and sneaks her way back to the battlefield
Eric it's now your turn
Due to your BAR firing
You've gained the attention of the 3 men you saw before
If it isn't obvious by now, you've gotten the attention of everyone here
What do you do
The truck you shot at still has the driver and passenger alive in it, and there are 3 people on the street looking up at you
Eric Cross: so those are the only ones in the street then?
For now, yes
From your current view
Eric Cross: alright, let's shoot 'em
Garvis is your turn
You know from Sid's intel that there's a way to the church that can avoid most of the fire, and it's through the sewer system
Riley (GM): also eric if you want to like move or duck or whatever you can still do that
lol
you're on a rooftop with a slight wall and some AC units
Eric Cross: I'll duck after shooting lol
Garvis Hanbar: He sighs. Wondering why he wore a suit again, but goes to the sewers anyway
Riley (GM): just entering the sewers in a normal way?
Garvis Hanbar: well avoiding fire and be sneaky of course
Garvis Hanbar: First he'll buff Dexterity by 1 though
Roll Dex + Stealth DC5
Alright Garvis moves up to the manhole, keeping his head down and avoiding the gunfire
He finds that it's closed, but maybe with a crowbar or some object he can open it
It's now sid's turn
You can see at least 5 people down frm your vantage point, and one technical (with dead gunner)
They don't see you but the loud gun shot has startled people
The church doors are closed now as well
There's another technical about to leave the area, but it has stopped, the driver looking back and noticing that the Technical you shot at is missing a gunner and head
Sid: buff dex by 1 and shoot the other gunner
Roll Dex + Firearms DC7 since he's a bit further
roll 17d10, and Eric roll 12d10
Riley (GM): Basically his men haven't moved in yet, and are able to move in whenever
SickJoe: aiight
Riley (GM): They know that Sid and Eric have started the shooting, and that the Triads are doing their thing
Xendrid: ok
i guess they uh, move up to good firing positions, trying to be sneaky about it so they can get the drop on people, and once they get a good position, they'll just hold there until Albanians come into their killzone
Aight
Roll Dex + Stealth DC4 due to da planning
Xendrid: they make sure they got good cover and all that
The mobsters manage to take advantage of the chaos, and move into the opportune shooting areas, as scouted by Sid
Is now Garvis's turn, he's in the sewers and he finds himself in a dark tunnel, without any lights (save for the ambient lighting from the Sewer Manhole)
Garvis Hanbar: Continue on, through the dank shit
Do you have a light source
Garvis Hanbar: yeah i guess
smartphone light, that should be just enough to see but not be a big flashlight beam to give me away
Roll Perception + Alertness DC6 to navigate around the maze with the dim light
Garvis navigates around the sewers
He comes across a pair of half mutilated bodies, with rats swarming over them
The rats see Garvis and scurry away, leaving behind the grotesque scene of half eaten flesh, and what appears to be a ladder leading up to a manhole, possibly near the Church itself
Wat do now
Garvis Hanbar: Take the ladder
Garvis Hanbar: Make that shit open
Riley (GM): how so
dere are many ways of opening a manhole
Garvis Hanbar: that's what she said
force
Sam D.: rapist
Roll a normal strength check DC5
It's now Sid's time to boss his men around
He knows that the Mob are getting through undetected and moving into firing positions
They pretty much have LOS in most of the main streets in the western side of the Neighborhood, Eastern Side is currently a giant warzone with the triad and albanians dealing blows with one another
Rite, so what do they all do in general
SickJoe: any technicals or small groups o dudes that they can see
The technicals are out of sight, perhaps they're on the eastern end with the triads but there's at least 7 people they can see
SickJoe: shoot em
Roll Dex + Firearms DC4 (8 dice total)
Alright
3 of Sid's men open up on the men they can see below, 7 at least; and 3 of them go down from the hail of bullets
Riley (GM): Since they were busy with the Triad first, they'll deal with them first this turn since they were surprised by the Mob and Sid's men
Is now Sid's turn
Sid can see that he and his men are delivering massive firepower on the Albanians down below
It's causing quite some chaos, and oddly enough, he feels a chill down his body, the side pointing towards the eastern part of the Neighborhood
There's a heavy amount of gunfire on that end, and it appears that the Albanians around the Church area itself are disoriented and heavily under fire from Sid's men and the mob
Sid: can sid see any shadows in the church windows?
Make a Perception + Alertness check DC8 (or DC6 if you're using any scopes)
Sid can see forms of shadows scurrying past the windows, what few of them remain open to the outdoor elements
Their shadows are masked by curtains
Since he rolled high enough, he can react fast enough to pop off a shot at one running by if he wants
It's a bunch of shadows, at least 4 or 5 running by
SickJoe: hop on the mini gun and blind fire where i think they are
Given the distance and the small window of opportunity, Dex + Firearms DC7
Roll 17d10
Alright we'll get to the description to that later but
everyone plz reroll init
So basically the Eastern side is overwhelmed with massive gunfire, and strangely enough, one can hear massive howling and screaming on that other end
Is now the mob's turn
They're in position around the church area, and can get a good look at 5 men running away from a hail of bullets, along with 3 more running back from the east side
They are undiscovered
Xendrid: open fire on the 3 running back
Aight uno momento
Roll Dex + Firearms DC3 + 2 extra dice
The mobsters aim down their sights at the incoming reinforcements with impunity
Blam blam blam, they're torn to shreds, mangled by the onslaught of unseen bullets
In fact, with the large number of lead flying through the air
And due to the surprise attack, one of the men that were killed is post mortemly firing his AK and as he falls, his stray rounds strike a person behind cover
So Garvis
As you climb out and move the manhole
You hear a loud "brrpt brrpt brrpt" sound, followed by glass getting shattered and brick being destroyed
You find yourself in a secluded alleyway, near what appears to be a generator
And one angry looking dog
The side entrance to the church is right past the generator
Garvis Hanbar: Does the generator appear to be running for the church or something?
Yes
Xendrid: poor dog, seems like a really odd thing to have in all this mess
Garvis Hanbar: unless...
robot dog
Eric Cross: the dog is the mastermind
The dawg is growling and is guarding the generator, and looks at you
Wat do
Sid: dog is 3000 year old gangrel antitribu
Xendrid: don't even joke about that
Sid: lol
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis tilts his head at the dog, shotgun in his hands, but he chooses to just walk past the dog first toward the door.
Xendrid: i don't want to kill a dog
So is he just walking past the dog, without doing anything to it
Sid: shoot the generator then :D
Garvis Hanbar: For now, he'll wait to see what it does
Xendrid: no animal ken
Riley (GM): you can actually still try but dc will be pretty high
it'd be straight up dc8 if you had animal ken, but dc10 without animal ken
Seren Pendleton: ouch
Xendrid: what attribute?
Riley (GM): charisma
if you're doing it nicely
Sid: yo charm the fuckin pants off that dog dude
Riley (GM): there are plenty of options, just gotta come up with one
Garvis Hanbar: He'll just use dread gaze on it to scare it away
Alright
Roll your dread gaze vs DC 3
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis bares his own fangs and snarls back
Bark bark bark! Whimper, tail behind legs, run away
The dog flees, out the alley and round the corner, afraid of the scary man with teeth
It's just you and the Generator and Side door now
Steven B.: "we can finally be alone..."
SickJoe: gently tracing every contour of it's metal body with a single finger
Garvis Hanbar: Switch it off, hide like Sam Fisher
Roll Dex + Stealth DC6
Garvis is hiding in the shadows
Is now Seren's turn
Seren Pendleton: right Seren was sneaking last time
Seren you were commanded by your elder that it's time for you to help assist your coterie as she prepares the ritual to deal with any possible spirital foes
Seren Pendleton: She checks on the triad forces
It'll take 2 turns to get there since they're pretty far in comparison
Sid: but with celerity ;)
But from your spot on the western side of the neighborhood you can hear some heavy gunfire on the Eastern side
Seren Pendleton: What can she see (perception alertness dc)
or hear
Well first off you can see the church and the fact that someone just blew a hole in the side of the Church (the doors are now closed) and you can see a massive fire fight
some cars are blowing up from heavy sustained gunfire
Seren Pendleton: 1 celerity
Eric you hear a sudden noise and the sound of brick being destroyed and screams and glass shattering everywhere
There's also the background of cars exploding, and heavy gun fire down below
You're currently crouching under cover on the roof
SickJoe: (this is a really great fuckin scene btw ri ri)
Eric Cross: He'll bank on the chance that the albanians are distracted by the fucking crater opening up in the church wall and take a look over the wall
You can see that thanks to the mob and Sid's forces, the Albanians on the street are currently dealt with
They're heavily outmatched
And you can see that the church wall has a relatively sizeable hole, freshly made
One can possibly enter through it
There's currently no one within the direct pathway to the church hole
Eric Cross: He'll get the BAR and head for the street, staying low
How will you get down the street
Eric Cross: The same way I got up?
A ladder or stairs or something
Aight
Eric runs over to the fire escape, which leaves into a secluded alleyway parallel to the street
He's lugging along the BAR
It's a series of stairs, with a ladder leading down into the alleyway
There's a big garbage dumpster and some trash cans within the Alleyway, and nothing else
Eric Cross: He'll drop the BAR off in his trunk, assumedly close by to his sniping spot, grab an extra drum of Thompson ammo, and head towards the hole with unseen presence
Is now Sid's turn with his men
SickJoe: shoot at dudes
Dex + Firearms DC4
Alright
The covert team up is opening full auto at any men they see within the area
One even throws a grenade down below at a car
The barrage of bullets and nearby explosion take out at least 6 albanians
With the Albanians being hit heavily on the western side, some of the forces on the Eastern side return to the Western Front
Alright
The automatic fire and ensuing slaughter of the men from the rooftop bring attention up there
As a result fire is being redirected up towards the sniper spots
But due to the planning made by the Coterie, the sniper spots are well entrenched and most of the rounds strike against reinforced cover
Is now Mafia's turn, 3 actions left
There's now a mean old Technical with a heavy machine gun
Within a crowd of 10 men
Xendrid: direct fire on the technical, implement any heavy ordnance they might have
Aight
Roll Dex + Firearms DC4 + 6 dice due to M79 loadout for two of your mafia and directing all the fire on the Technical
There's a massive explosion
And with the large amount of ammo stored on the Technical
It goes up like a firework
Stray rounds explode everywhere, and the explosion and shrapnel effectively wipe out the technical and 8 other men
Is now Special FOrces time
1 action left
SickJoe: he just killed all the visible dudes
cept like 1 dude
Save for 2
The Sid's forces from the sniper spots take care of the last two remaining men down in the immediate vicinity, with semi auto rounds landing with lethal accuracy
As a result of the attacks from the combined forces in the Western Area, all Albanians outside the church are eliminated, and the church doors are solidly closed
However there's still plenty of gunfire on the Eastern Side
Eric reaches the hole as it's Sid's turn
Sid you blew a hole in the church wall
Uh since you have heightened senses on
Roll uh
Roll Perception + Awareness DC6
No, you don't see anyone running through the church hole at all
But you do see that your men and the Mob are eliminating the Albanians below.
Reroll init
It's now the Mob's turn and they have two actions left (everyone else is dun)
The area around the church looks straight out of a war movie, with burning cars and strewn bodies everywhere
Xendrid: move through the field to flank the eastern Albanian forces
The mob, seeing as their allies on the Eastern front need assistance, run over to help
They see a very odd sight when they get there
The triad are held up in a building, being shot at by numerious Albanians
Along with that, they see one spectral figure flying around, semi translucent
It essentially has some sort of scythe, tearing up the the Triad
Bullets going through it as if it's made out of nothing
The Albanians are giving it a wide berth as well
Sam D.: 0_0
Xendrid: Seren plz
SickJoe: we need your book learnin
Sam D.: I wanna join ins...
Xendrid: Death is all yours, bud
SickJoe: lol
SickJoe: we'll just be over here....waayyyyy the fuck over here.
So what will the mob do
Xendrid: how about this, they'll open fire with everything they got on the most vital Albanian dudes to maybe give the Triad a chance, and with the final turn just haul ass out of there back to the west away from the spooky ghost
Riley (GM): aight
lemme see
Dex firearms dc4
then dex athletics dc6
Seren you're now close to the general area by the Triads
You can see that there's a large number of Albanians shooting at a certain bookstore, where you can see that some Triads are taking shelter
They are heavily outnumbered and outgunned, and you see this flying around
There's a translucent flying entity with a scythe of sorts, slicing and dicing what appears to be some of your Triad allies Seren
With that, and the Albanians giving it a wide berth, what do you do
Seren Pendleton: Is there anyone among the Albanians that seems to be controlling it?
How would you figure that out
Seren Pendleton: Seren looks/observes the entity from afar and does her best to deduce what it is based on chantry knowledged
Uh
Roll Intelligence + Occult DC7
You have no idea what it is
You can roll again next turn but for now
You're uncertain on what it is
Seren Pendleton: deez dice
She does her best to take out the Albanians that have physical big guns then
Stealth takedown of course
Riley (GM): uh with what
guns or melee or brawl
Seren Pendleton: CQC
cause she brought a bullwhip
Roll Stealth + Dexterity DC6
Roll Dex + Brawl + 6 dice
DC6
Seren gets up close to the first by kicking the man in the back of his knee and grabbing his mouth, finishing himoff with a neck snap
She locks the second man's arm behind his back and drivesthe man's face into the car, giving him a concussion
Garvis is now your turn
The Side door is currently locked Garvis
You're beside a running generator
You can hear from the alleyway out in the street and there's a few explosions and gunfire out in the distance, your men are doing a fine job it seems
Garvis Hanbar: turn off the generator
Since Garvis turned off the Generator and is hiding in the shadows
He can hear the door open, and two Albanians step out and are moving to turn it on
One of them in particular glances at Garvis's spot
But hears gunfire out of the alleyway, and is focusing his attention out on the street as his buddy turns the Generator on
Wat do Garvis
Garvis Hanbar: sneak inside through the open door
Alright, make a Dex + Stealth check DC5 since they're distracted
Garvis moves towards the door, and just as he reaches to the frame, he hears a "HEY WHO ARE YOU!" behind him
Is now Sid's turn
On the window adjacent to the hole he blew in, he can see two men stand there after they came to a stop from running, looking surprised at the hole blown in
Sid can see that they're like "Holy shit," and appear to be doubling back
Sid: start tracing the line of fire their way through the fuckin side of the church
It's a full auto manuever, so DC8 with 10 extra dice
So basically
On Eric's turn
He steps through the hole, and finds himself in a side hallway
Eric Cross: SJ making good on his plans to kill me I see lol
And he spots two men making a run from the hole, and at that moment, a loud sustained sound of gunfire can be heard outside
Sid: ;)
Xendrid: aha
Sid: 0 successes man
Sid: out of 20 dice
Eric Cross: holy shit
Sid: shit happens
And the walls and windows in front of him start to get destroyed
Trailing right behind the fleeing men
It's like a loud sustained "bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrt"
Garvis Hanbar: hubris
Eric Cross: He'll head in the opposite direction and start to look around, trying to get a handle on where the Albanians are concentrated in here
Sid: sid has a bloodlust fueled fire in his eyes visible from across the street if eric looks at him as smoke comes out of the still spinning barrel
Eric Cross: You need war paint, get some blood lol
Eric roll Perception + Investigation DC8 due to loud gunfire blowing up a lot of stuff
Sid: feel like a orc mixed with a fire berzerk chaos dreadnought from 40k right now
Eric Cross: sounds like
a warboss
lol
Sid: big mek
Sid: orcameedez n shit
Seren Pendleton: go git da boyz
Eric
With your years of experience dealing with the criminal activity
Eric Cross: allegedly!
haha
You pretty much figure out where the nexus of Albanian activity is, and it's concentrated by the Altar
You can see what appears to be the leader, a bald man with a scar on his face, dressed in a suit
He's swearing in a foreign language, shouting orders as he holds his hands on his head
He's pacing around, as fear is evident through the church halls, with the Albanians barring the front doors and preparing to make a final stand
Eric Cross: I'd like to use aura perception on the group
Roll dat vs DC8
Aight
Eric everyone is scared shitless
With the massive gunfire and explosions outside, everyone has a pure aura of Fear radiating from their very forms
They appear to be human
Sid: don't start nothin, won't be nothin'
Eric Cross: alright, well then the next step is easy
He'll step into the room with unseen presence, and ready the megaphone
Alright, you're now within the room, and you still have your action
Right now you see at least 10 Albanians inside, with tracksuits
Each hiding behind something, 2 of which are barring the doors closed
And there's the bald man by the altar
Eric Cross: He raises the microphone and begins to speak calmly. "Evening gents! Enjoying the night? Well I've got news, it only gets better from here." He'll turn off the megaphone and start to laugh
Alright
Manipulation + Empathy DC7
Now
Roll for Frenzy Eric
DC5
Reroll init guiez
You'll see what happens next
Alright
Seren
You notice
You can make another Intelligence + Occult roll, DC8
The entity that's slicing up the Triad is a spirit
But suddenly you see it dissipate
It disappears, leaving the Triad alone
The gunfire halts for a second, as the Albanians pause to figure out what happened
Seren Pendleton: Okay then
First she picks up the Kalashnikov of the man whom she broke before taking one look at him and stealth take down the other ones
Roll Dex + Stealth
DC7 since it's a bit quiet now
Seren Pendleton: She mutters to herself very very softly, "Poor, poor bastards..."
She comes at the man's side and jabs at the man's abdomen before rifle-butt slapping the man into very deep lala land
It's now Sid's turn as he hears a bone chilling noise within the Church right after the Church lights suddenly shut off
Sid: hmmm can i see any one out on the street or anywhere else within range and hop back on the rifle
The immediate area around you seems to be secure, thanks to the combined efforts of the Mob and your men
Plenty of vehicles are shot up, and most, if not all of the Technicals have been destroyed
The Church doors are closed
You've blown several dozen holes into the left wall of the Church
Sid
You know from your computers
That
The police will be arriving soon, within the next 5 turns
There's a lot of activity on the radio, talk of "how there's a fucking warzone going down in South Side"
A police chopper will be in the area in 3 turns
You could do something to delay or fool the police if you wish
Sid: heading to the roof with the laptop and rifle...i'll deal with the choppers one way...and the cop cars another...
radio my men to pack up the gear and wait for me in the alley and text garvis "cops here in 5 minutes...choppers in 3"
Garvis your phone buzzes just as you're discovered by the two Albanians at the Generator, as you're about to step inside
You're quicker on the draw, and you've just heard a really unnerving sound within the church interior
So you got options here
Garvis Hanbar: Just shoot the generator I guess with the Mossberg
Roll Dex + Firearms DC4
Roll 17d10
Garvis shoots the generator
Due to the close range it causes it to explode into sparks, showering the albanians with it, causing them to double over in surprise
You still can move around
you blew off a panel on the generator, which hit the internal bits, causing it to shut down for good when it was powering back on
and it's sparking heavily, with all the smoke and sparks moving onto the Albanian's side, surprising and disorienting them
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will use the opportunity to duck inside the church, closing the doors behind him and blocking them somehow
Garvis runs inside, and closes the door behind him, and he can see that it uses a bar to lock itself
He closes that and he can hear that it's oddly quiet inside the church
You can still move if you want
You find yourself in what looks like a side hallway
Steven B.: that's not a good sign
Garvis Hanbar: Start moving in a direction that looks like it leads to the inner sanctum
Garvis Hanbar: Pumping that shotgun, letting that empty shell hit the floor. That's it
Garvis does that, and as he approaches a door leading to the inner sanctum
Gunfire and screaming suddenly break out in the inner sanctum
Eric can see from his position that
The albanians have suddenly turned on each other
Shooting one another
Striking one another
One is even on top of a prone Albanian, bashing his brains open against the church tile floor
The bald man has suddenly went quiet though, and is standing still, near the alter, eyes closed
Eric, seeing all of this, what do you do
Eric Cross: He'll fire at the bald man with his Thompson
from his place by the door
Any particular firing or just normal firing
Roll Dex + Firearms DC6 + 4 dice
Roll 5d10
Eric lets out a burst of fire from his position
The recoil of the Thompson is hard to control, but he strikes the man with a few rounds in the chest, and he falls down
Eric Cross: Sounds like my queue
He'll turn and leave the way he came, using unseen presence as he gets out of sight and moving a little faster this time, lol
Roll init now
Garvis, as you approach the inner sanctum, you can see pure insanity take place within the Halls of God
People are killing each other in grandiose displays of violence
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis looks for the important people Sid mentioned in his intel among the chaos
Garvis walks into the Sanctum
He steps by a pair of men on top of one another, the one on top bashing in the skull of the other
Most of the men here aren't in the Intel, save for a single bald man with a scar on his face, riddled with bullets in the chest, his eyes closed
He's lying behind the Altar, with his arms spread out in a t-shape
The bearded man in the intel is nowhere in sight
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will approach that man at gunpoint, "You dead?"
Garvis says that in a cool tone, as he points the barrel of his Mossberg at the lying figure's face
His eyes are closed, and mouth closed as well as blood pours from his form
Nothing, only silence is your answer from this man
"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~"
Save for the anguished screams of madness behind you, with the men tearing each other apart
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will pick the man up and throw him over his shoulder and head for the most convenient exit
Seren
Make a Dex + Martial Arts roll, DC6
Seren rushes at the man, leaps at him and delivers a dragon punch
Alright
As Seren does that, she can hear new gunfire from the western side of her current position
She can see that Garvis's mob is now in the area, assisting the Triad with the Albanians
Seren Pendleton: how many Albanians are in the area Seren's in (perception+alertness?)
DC6
Roughly 12 left
The mob, using the awkward silence from the spirit's departure, has moved in with precision
You do hear a chopper in the distance
Seren Pendleton: wait...
She looks out for the triad members
They're using this chance to fire back at the Albanians
Seren Pendleton: Okay, she takes out one more as she gets to the Triad Side
Alright
Eric, it's now your turn
You're out in the street
It seems as though the battle is winding down, though you do hear some noise within the air
Eric Cross: He'll listen and try to figure out where the last of the fighting's happening
the gunfire's quieted down, right?
It's all but disappeared in the Western Side, save for the gunfire in the church
Eric Cross: So, I could use heightened senses for hearing without ending up like half of the people in Scanners?
Uh
Let the dice decide
Roll Perception + Alertness DC6
Eric Cross: lol, fair enough
I was just making sure it wasn't still really loud around me
Xendrid: botch
Your immediate area seems quiet enough
And fortunately
You can pinpoint that you hear that most of the gunfire is on the eastern side
But you can clearly hear what sounds like a Chopper
Coming from the western side
It's due to arrive shortly, like very shortly
So what do you do
You also hear what sounds like Police Sirens in the distance, faint but growing with each passing second
Eric Cross: hmm
Welp, Sid's got it, so
SickJoe: hopefully
Sid: lol
Eric Cross: Heading towards the gunfire, I'm assuming it'll take more than one turn?
Correct
Roughly 3 turns
Eric Cross: alright, then at the end of my movement I'll find a place to lay low as far as choppers go
just something to keep me out of sight
Seren has finished taking care of the nearby Albanians she's able to reach to, the rest are strewn around the street, either shooting back at the Triad and the Mob, getting shot in the crossfire, or making a run for it
You can hear a chopper in the distance, fast approaching
What do you do
Seren Pendleton: You know what? Economy be damned, activating celerity 2 to Batman knockout the rest of the remaining Albanians
subtracting and...
done
What are you going to do for your first action
Seren Pendleton: Sneaking to the rest of the Albanians
Dex + Stealth DC6
Seren moves in, and tries to be covert about it, but she can hear yelling, and that she's gained the attention of 3 AK47 wielding eastern european thugs
It's now Eric's turn
You've chosen to hide under something, to avoid the oncoming chopper
The chopper will arrive at the end of this turn
Eric Cross: oh gotcha
welp, I guess I'll repeat last turn, move ahead as much as I can and then find a spot to lay low
towards the remnants of the albanians, that is
Roll Perception + Stealth DC6
Eric moves towards the remaining gunfire, and finds an awning to hide under
Near a nice coffee shop
It's now Garvis's turn
You're carrying the dead bald leader of the Albanians, and are out in the streets
The immediate area is secure, save for the oncoming sound of helicopter blades, and the wailing sound of police sirens
You're outside the Church, and you can hear faint gunshots on the eastern side of the town
Garvis Hanbar: just find a place to put this body where we can retrieve it
Roll Perception + Subterfuge DC6
Down within a pristine looking alley, is a garbage dumpster relatively far away from the carnage
It should avoid any initial discovery from the police or any other group of people
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will place the body there then
Pop, open
Meow
There's a cat and its litter inside the dumpster
Eric Cross: trade
Garvis Hanbar: lol
Eric Cross: no one would ever suspect the guy carrying a litter of kittens
Garvis Hanbar: He'll put the body like, next to them?
Hissssssssss
The cats jump out and leave as you dump the body inside
One of them urinates on your shoe as they depart down into the alley
Sid: lil stupid ass bitch i aint fuckin wit'choo
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis shakes his head as he closes the dumpster lid
It's now Sid's turn
Which, i remember
His men are packing up da gear in the van and waiting for him in the alley
Sid: runnin to da roof
Sid: he'll say over his head set to wait in the back alley of the building he's in as he makes it to da roof
droppin prone and aiming at the incoming helicopter with his heightened peepers this turn but not firing yet
Sid runs up to the rooftop and sets up his anti-material rifle
Meanwhile, the 3 albanians that spot Seren moving up to them
They open fire on her, while yelling things like "Bylat" and "Cyka"
They then make a run for it
Seren you're going to get hit
And you have two celerity actions
What are you going to do
Seren Pendleton: She casts gaol
Sid: hell yeah she does
Seren Pendleton: around her
roll willpower dc7
Alright you have cast gaol around you
But keep in mind that you can't actually move until it goes away
But you've effectively encased yourself in gaol, which makes you trapped inside of your shield lol
You're still in your first celerity action
Seren Pendleton: Okay the shield is cast right in front of her and stops the bullets and then she rushes to the side of them and cqc throws one of them into the two, will that work?
You've casted gaol 'around' you
So in order to move you need to drop the field
Seren Pendleton: liquify the ground below them
then
Liquify the Solid Form?
Ok
Unfortunately
Seren wasn't able to melt the ground below the shooters
But at the very least
She managed to melt the full auto AK47 rifle
Now what
Seren Pendleton: Okay then she rushes and knockes em out
Roll Dex + melee dc6
Seren rushes and grabs one of the guys and throws him into the other
Reroll init
Everyone, as you finish your respective actions
You finally hear the telltale signs of a helicopter in the skies
A searchlight is going through the area
Sid, you can see the chopper from your vantage point, approaching at a very very high speed, coming from the western side
It's black, and at first it doesn't appear to be a regular Bell helicopter
What do you do
Sid: after aiming as it approaches from the previous round i'll take my shot tryin to hit some critical area of it to get outta of the skies
guess near where the propellers connect to the body
Sid: spend WP for the shot
Make a Perception + Technology check, DC7 first
The design is brand new but you figure where the rotors connect
The chopper appears to be some sort of chopper/tilt-rotor hybrid, with a propeller in the back
You can make your shot now, Dex + Firearms DC8 + 2 extra dice
it's unusually fast compared to a normal standard police chopper
Alright
Roll 18d10
Seren you've finished taking out the 3 men shooting at you, when you hear the sound of a loud chopper in the area
The noise of said chopper, coupled with the search lights, stir attention to the mob, triad, and albanians
With that sound, you can see that there's a ceasefire as each side scrambles to flee the scene
There's a loud gunshot cracking in the air however
You can see tattooed men with tattered shirts carrying out their wounded as they flee from the shot up coffee shop
Seren Pendleton: How are the triad?
Seren Pendleton: So everybody is running now right?
Seren Pendleton: Activating Celerity 2...
Riley (GM): for what
Seren Pendleton: Now
Checking on Erichto and then finding a way out
Seren dashes quickly, returning to her elder
Meanwhile, It's Garvis's turn
He can hear the helicopter in the air, and the signs of a searchlight scanning the area around him
A single gunshot rings through the air though
Up on the rooftops
You've just dumped the body of the Albanian leader in the dumpster, and are in the alleyway adjacent to an untouched cutesy cafe
Garvis Hanbar: He'll just stay out of the way
get inside or something
The aformentioned cafe has a side entrance, and the alley also leads down to a few branching paths, and you can just hide in the dumpster
Generally speaking it's a bit away from the overall carnage from the Church
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will never be in a dumpster, ever. He'll go inside the cafe
Surprisingly enough
As Garvis checks the side door, it appears to be unlocked
He steps in, and finds himself in the kitchen area of the cafe, it's dark and you can hear what sounds like an unattended fan running in the quiet business
There are displays of cheesecake and pastries to your left
This will do to hide from the chopper
Eric, you're under an awning near a cafe
And you can hear the chopper flying in the area, and the search light is on the street, scanning the bodies and burning vehicles when you hear a sudden gunshot in the air
The overall gunfire on the west side has died down
What do you do
Eric Cross: He'll poke his head out to see where the chopper's at and where it'd most likely go
It'd be a Perception + Law check I guess
DC6
Since it's the bronze 5-0
The chopper appears to be doing an overall sweep of the neighborhood, before it will announce for all combatants to lay down their arms
So basically it'll start from the outskirts all the way to the center
But as you do that you can see that it took a single shot to the rotor base
Eric Cross: Does it seem particularly damaged, or can I not tell?
It looks to have taken a severe shot, but as far as you know, it's flying straight, unaffected
Eric Cross: He'll use unseen presence, and begin heading for his car since everyone's gone anyway
taking care to avoid being in places the copter is flying in the direction of if he can help it
As the chopper flies, you can hear it activate its loudspeaker
But as it begins to speak, one can hear the rotors go wild
The chopper appears to be losing control
It's spinning wildly, with the pilot trying to regain control, one can see that there are officers within the passenger compartment as well
The chopper's back rotor is still in full speed
And with the combination of the main two rotors going haywire
You can hear the pilots and crew scream to their deaths
As the chopper crashes into one cafe
The very same one that Garvis just entered through the kitchen
Garvis please roll to soak
Alright
Now roll your stamina
dc6
So the way how the Chopper goes in
It crashes through the cafe at the 85 degree angle, sort of at the roof
It goes through the building and explodes, and since Garvis was roughly at the outskirts of the explosion
The shockwave grabs him and throws him back outside, and heat washes over him, scarring his suit and flesh
But as he lays on the ground, with an appearance not unlike 2 Face, it's very much apparent he's still alive
He's taken 3 lethal damage, given how far he was
Reroll init now
Seren, with her quick speed, manages to regroup back where she left her Elder
She can see that the victorian garb'd woman is busy packing up her things, and is carrying a skull that has blue glowing eye sockets
She looks at Seren as she picks up her basket of goodies
Seren Pendleton: She stands to attention
complete. It would've gone faster if there wasn't as much noise like earlier. Let's return back to the Chantry. Carry my things Apprentice." She nods towards the stack of books on the ground
Oh and, the sound of police sirens are extremely close by in the area
Seren Pendleton: She nods to her Elder and picks up the things, she left the AK gained from earlier on the Albanian she bashed down
Erichtho: "Now, where is Mr. Cross's vehicle?"
Seren remembers where it is, thankfully
She leads the Elder back to the Plymouth, and group of cars, where they remain untouched
It's now Garvis's turn
He's laying on the ground, flesh singed, and directly in front of him is a burning building with a burning helicopter wreckage
Garvis Hanbar: He gets up from the ground and begins to heal as he looks at the wreckage wondering how that happened. Garvis checks his phone to see if its obliterated or not
No, it's not
But as you look at the wreckage, you can see the words "Chicago Police Department" written on the side, with the burning bodies of the pilots in the cockpit, and the sounds of screaming inside the passenger compartment, sounds of fists banging on the hatch
Garvis Hanbar: He'll go and pull that hatch off
Garvis pulls open the hatch with difficulty
And it opens, revealing 6 Chicago PD officers
5 of whom are burning, still, and very much dead
The last one falls out of the hatch, with most of his face gone, but he's still moving
SickJoe: a mob boss saving some cops...never thought i'd see the day...
Garvis Hanbar: He'll kneel down and ask, "You look like shit, how bad off are you, truly?"
Garvis kneels down besides the charred figure, who's crawling away
His hair has been burnt away, and pieces of his uniform have melted into his white skin
He looks up at you when he hears you talk, and his eyes go wide as he sees that you're missing half your face and jaw
And then he goes o_o and then passes out
Eric Cross: Nice one garvis
killed him with ya face
Garvis Hanbar: He'll shrug and bite his wrist, putting some of the vitae in the officers mouth
"You and I are both lucky, and unlucky."
How much BP
Garvis Hanbar: just 1
Garvis Hanbar: He'll make sure the guy is out of any fire and then proceed to leave the area. Come back for the VIP body later
Alright Garvis as you feed the cop your vitae, you can see that his face is beginning to heal up, but he's very much passed out, and you leave him out in a safe spot
Are you heading back to your car?
Garvis Hanbar: yeah i suppose
Riley (GM): or you could walk, or take the sewers, or hide in a building
is up to you
Garvis Hanbar: if it looks like he can make it back to his car with ease, that is the first choice i guess
Walkin' or Runnin'
after all the cop sirens are pretty close
Garvis Hanbar: he'll run then
Stamina + Athletics DC6
Den it's Sid's turn
You've taken out the chopper in one shot
Sid: grab my shit and head downstairs to hop in the van with my boys
Finally it's Eric's turn
Eric Cross: Still heading for the car incognito
Xendrid: OOC, was that really going to be 9 lethal damage from the heli crash?
Riley (GM): if you were upstairs on the roof
you would've eaten the full 20 damage dice
but since you were far away enough, yes 9 lethal
Xendrid: dayum, thank you new fortitude rule
Eric, you're walking down in a casual manner as you see Garvis run past you, sans most of his face
You however leisurely walk down, unnotice, and eventually head down to the alley, where the vehicles are
Your Plymouth is there, with the two Tremere putting their things in
The vehicles that the mob left are there, with some of them already present
Eric Cross: Alright, he'll drop his Thompson and megaphone in the trunk, and prepare to get the hell outta dodge
Combat is now over
Given that everyone's within their own escape vehicle
This is the general description
The tremere are in Eric's car
Garvis is sitting inside an SUV being driven by his men, sans Englishman
And finally Sid is in his van, with most of his things accounted for
The police are now within the neighborhood
How will you leave the area, without arousing police attention
This goes to Eric mainly (and Sid and/or Garvis if they're driving)
Seren Pendleton: She sighs while in da backseat letting the Elder in the front seat, she looks at the Eric and out the window for the Police
Sid: I'll take the driver's seat tellin whoever was driving to hop over to the passenger seat and stick to the alleys, driving stealthily to make my way out, heading in the opposite direction of where i saw the cop cars comin in from from the roof
Eric Cross: He'll keep an eye and an ear open for sirens, and floor it any time he's beneath notice, on account of the fact that there's no longer any air support
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis will let someone else drive (you say Englishman is not present?)
Nyet
Eric Cross: He'll ask his passengers to look and listen as well
Garvis Hanbar: he'll be on his phone mass-texting information to his men to regroup and avoid police attention
Seren Pendleton: perception rolls then?
She keeps an eye out and informs based on what she sees/hears
Eric Cross: "Keep an eye and an ear open for pigs. We'll get out either way, but this mess is big enough without those fucks finding us here too."
Seren Pendleton: She glances at the Erichto
Erichtho: "Do drop me off at the Chantry first, if possible? It's not every night one is carrying a skull containing a malevolent spirit from the depths of hell."
Seren Pendleton: "Same here"
Erichtho: She says, keeping the skull away as it tries to nibble at her gloved fingers
Eric Cross: His eyes widen for a minute, and then he chuckles. "Not for some. Sure thing, anywhere's fine and it sounds pretty urgent anyway."
Alright Sid
Sid&Eric, Drive + Stealth DC6
Sid and Eric, they manage to keep their cool and drive off into the shadowy streets
However Garvis, because your driver isn't as skilled as Mr. E
Although he gets pretty far away, and it's almost certain you'll get out without encountering police
A single police car spots you as you pull away, and it begins to give chase
"Shit!"
Sid uh, on your police scanner
Sid can hear that the police are extremely pissed to say the least, that 5 of their men are dead
Garvis Hanbar: "Just pull over." He says calmly to the driver.
They found one alive at the chopper, and that there's a car pursuing an unknown fleeing vehicle
"A-Alright." The SUV pulls over
The SUV pulls to a stop
Garvis Hanbar: Garvis gets on the side of the vehicle the cop would approach from and rolls down the window
And the Police Car comes up to the side of the SUV
Left hand side of the SUV
Garvis, you can see two uniformed CPD in the Crown Victoria
The passenger is opening the door, as the driver and passenger glance at you
Garvis's face heals up just in time
As the police glance at him, shining a light
Garvis Hanbar: He looks at the officer in question. "Problem?"
What's Garvis's current demeanor
Garvis Hanbar: Lax, unassuming. He has his hands in clear view for the officer
The police officer with flashlight looks at Garvis, narrowing his eyes before shining a light at the Driver, before glancing at Garvis
"It's dangerous to drive around at this time of night. You're lucky you haven't been robbed."
He sets the flashlight away
"Move on, and stay safe."
Garvis Hanbar: "Yes. Lucky. Goodbye, officer."
He walks away
And heads back into the police car, and they begin to drive ahead, pulling to the right, back towards the neighborhood where all the shooting is
Xendrid: i wanted to see if i could do that without dominate
Garvis Hanbar: "Go on then." He taps the driver on the shoulder and points forward
"Right boss."
The SUV begins to drive away
Garvis Hanbar: "Just upstanding white men, well dressed and cooperative." He chuckles.
and with the police in the neighborhood, it took longer to flee the area without getting spotted
there may or may not be consequences to your actions here
stealing that from Life is Strange lol
Xendrid: humanity rolls!
And yes
That's not even a question
Garvis, Seren, and Eric, roll Conscience DC8
Sid is totally chill with exterminating threats to his empire
Seren feels it was fine to eliminate threats to the Chantry and to her allies with extreme force
Garvis knows it's part of his life, and has accepted it
Because Garvis actually tried his best to lower casualties directly, he doesn't take a humanity hit, but nor does he take a humanity gain, so he's level
And Eric well
What can one say about what goes within his mind, but this night has allowed the whispers to take one more step in taking more control of his psyche
Seren did kill someone though
neck snapping is a bit brutal lol
Eric/Seren loses 1 humanity

For Sid this is daily buzinezz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0